Monday, November 15, 2010
Can Microlending Save Haiti?
I think that Micro banking is a very good idea. One thing that I found rather shocking was the part of the article that talked about how different nations have pledged money to help Haiti in their reconstruction. They said, and I quote “while some 50 nations and organizations have pledged a total of $8.75 billion for reconstruction, less than 15% of the total promised for 2010-11 has arrived.” I found that very shocking because why pledge money if you aren’t going to follow through. They then said “the United States has no yet paid all the $1.2 billion in reconstructions funds it’s pledged.” That really just hurt inside because that is our nation, we didn’t even follow through with all the money it promised. If you couldn’t have given that much money then why would you offer it? It is also ironic how we said we would give that much money, but our economic status is not that high. Like I said, why make an empty promise?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment